Friday, October 12, 2007

MS office 2007 UX

I really liked MS office 2007 self explanatory menu for the end user giving much better UX(User eXperience). Pasting below just one instance out of the whole big pool of good UX.



User just needs to select the number of rows and column required and it shows a preview to the user by generating a table instantly.

I recently attended Microsoft Expression around the Clock, Global Designer Conference at Bangalore and saw the demo of MS new product Expression. It’s launched to ease the collaborative work between designers and developers. I even met Ram, Umesh and Harish and had a discussion on various aspects of user experience.

1 comment:

Ujjwal said...

I simply admire the smooth flicker free rendering... they have done a good job there.

the toolbar...
occupies too much of work area.
On the other hand the software is more responsive and overly pronounced WYSIWYG.. I like that.
GDI+ has been full exploited to its ultimate limits.
Somehow I feel office products have been always microsofts center stage to demonstrate what their interface technology can do with the system.